2002: My Life at the Movies
by John Flores
Film Monthly Home
Short Takes (Archived)
Small Screen Monthly
Behind the Scenes
New on DVD
Books on Film
What's Hot at the Movies This Week
1. Igby Goes Down—Amazingly acted, directed, and written! Who knew the Culkin’s had that much talent? Dark, witty, and oh so cynical. I loved this film!
2. About A Boy—Hugh Grant at his best! A very touching story about growing up that added large amounts of laughs. What a comedy should be!
3. Frida—Beautifully shot and very well acted. Salma Hayek was simply stunning at a role that I think most would not have expected.
4. Bowling For Columbine—A very well done doc film with healthy amounts of cynicism and grit that I have loads of respect for.
5. Road To Perdition—Tom Hanks shows amazing versatility in this brilliant coming of age story that sported a cast of Hollywood A-listers.
6. Catch Me If You Can—A very fun movie that had my attention from the jump. Beautiful displays of humanity are scattered throughout this film.
7. Spider-Man—The blockbuster of the summer was probably the best ride I went on all year. A movie that truly lived up to it’s hype.
8. White Oleander—A very disturbing story about growing up and control. Outstanding performance by Michelle Pfeiffer!
9. Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers—Visually fantastic! Two thumbs up to Peter Jackson for another very large job well done.
10. 25th Hour—All I have to say is Spike Lee and Edward Norton. What more does one need?
John Flores is a freelance writer studying film at Columbia College in Chicago.
Got a problem? E-mail us at email@example.com